1. The Society shall be called the Long Eaton Victoria Angling Society, and its object shall be to promote the art of angling and encourage fellowship amongst anglers.
2. The society shall comprise: -
(a) Full members as follows:
i. Full Adult (over 17 on the 1st May) including Ladies
ii. Juniors (under 17 on 1st May)
iii. Concessionary i.e. Senior Citizens and people with disabilities who possess a current Environment Agency Concessionary Rod Licence
(Membership year for full members is from 1 May to 30 April following)
(b) Temporary Members
(c) The Society will follow the guidlines set out by the governing body of angling (currently the Angling Trust) in relation to equal opportunities, child protection and safeguarding.
(a) The Officer positions shall comprise of: - President, Chairman, General Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Secretary, Match Secretary, Junior Secretary, Press/Website Officer and Head Bailiff. All Officers shall be ex-officio members of the committee.
(b) All Officers and a committee of up to ten shall be elected annually. In order to be eligible for re-election at an Annual General Meeting (AGM) officers and Committee must have attended at least 50% of meetings since the previous AGM. Sub Committees may be set up as appropriate.
(c) The Committee shall hold meetings when required to conduct business of the Society between AGMs and will make decisions on matters of policy. Decisions made shall be decided by a majority vote of those present. A minimum number of 4 Officers and/or Committee is required to make the meeting quorate. Where it is considered to be in the best interests of the Society the Committee will call a Special General Meeting. In all cases the Chairman will have the casting vote.
(d) Appointed Officers of the Society are empowered to purchase any fishing rights, access rights or other assets on behalf of the Society and its members in pursuance of its aims and objectives, subject to the approval of the members of the full Committee as may be appropriate. The said Officers, (normally be the four Trustees appointed from and by the Officers and Committee,) are empowered to pledge such monies and/or assets of the Society by way of collateral, as may be required in specific circumstances, in order to secure an appropriate loan or mortgage for the purpose of such purchase.
(e) The Annual General Meeting will normally be held on the second Monday in March. Members wishing to have any business included in the agenda should notify the General Secretary in writing NO LESS THAN 14 DAYS before the meeting.
4. Full membership in whatever category (see rule 2) is open to anyone subject to the following:
(a) Any person who is over 17 years of age on 1st May must take out a Full Adult Membership except where they are eligible for a Concessionary Membership.
(b) Concessionary (Senior Citizen & Disabled) is only available ONLY to those people in possession of a current Environment Agency Concessionary Rod Licence
(c) All members shall notify any change of address to the membership Secretary within 28 days.
5. Any member whose conduct is considered by the Committee to be detrimental to the interests of the Society shall be invited to appear before them to give an explanation. In the event of this being unsatisfactory or of non appearance, the Committee shall have the power to fine or expel the member. Such a decision shall be final and subject to no appeal.
6. Any member bringing a charge against another member shall do so in writing. This will be assessedby the Committee who will then take appropriate action.
7.(a) Members should carry their membership cards at all times when fishing Society waters and will produce them if required to do so. Anyone fishing Members' Only water not in possession of the current Membership Book will be asked to leave.
(b) On other waters a Temporary Membership ticket must be purchased.
(c) Members wishing to fish Society waters which remain open for fishing between 1st May and 15th June inclusively MUST have purchased the current Year Book.
(d) All members fishing Society waters shall possess a current Environment Agency Rod Licence.
(e) Night fishing on Society waters (where allowed) is available to Full Members only. Junior members are not allowed to fish at night unless accompanied by a responsible adult on a one to one basis.
(f) Junior members must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult (between dawn and dusk this will be a minimum of 1 adult to 2 juniors).
8. Each member is empowered to ask any angler fishing Society waters to produce a current Year Book or Temporary Membership Form as appropriate, and is further empowered to act as a Bailiff on behalf of the Society.
All members are encouraged to act as Bailiff on LEVAS controlled waters.
The Society reserves the right to amend or change the above rules at any time.
(Updated April 2016)